Headquartered in the rapidly growing city of Greenville, South Carolina, Watermark Advisors, est. 2002, is an investment banking firm that specializes in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and private placement financing transactions for clients. It offers a uniquely comprehensive approach to M&A for both sellers and acquirers. For sellers, this approach is designed to ensure that companies are able to exit when the shareholders so desire, improve the exit returns on investment, and to increase the outcomes of the legacy assets (human, tangible, and intangible) once these are under new ownership. For acquirers, our comprehensive approach is designed to counter the dismal ROI gain that transaction focusing M&A deals typically produce. Watermark has facilitated sell-side M&A, acquisition financings, valuations, fairness opinions, and strategy consulting to over 70 clients.
The Name Watermark
A “watermark” is an internal impression made on a piece of paper or currency that is visible when held up to the light. It is also a symbol of authenticity. We strive to provide that quality and excellence of service that makes a distinctive and lasting impression on each client long after the assignment is completed.
The Defining Culture
Our culture manifests itself in our daily operations. It includes:
- Team approach – All team members work on a given client assignment.
- Integrity and Transparency – We hold each team member accountable, and each of us knows each client by name.
- Accessibility – As a small firm we can offer clients greater access to our processes and team members.
- Compassion – We treat each client with utmost respect and put their interests ahead of our own.
- Serving the Community – Besides by improving the financial health of companies, Watermark serves the community through charity. We close the office door for half a day every quarter to serve the homeless, the physically or mentally handicapped, or other disadvantaged groups. The Greenville team has volunteered for such charities as Active Day Adult Daycare, Habitat for Humanity, Light the Night Walk for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Meals on Wheels, Red Ribbon Parade for Drug Awareness Week, St. Francis Bon Secours Festival of Trees, and Project Host, among many others.